13.2.09

[TUTORIAL WITH SALLY]

Just had a quick tutorial with Sally regarding my ideas for my professional project so far. My feeling before the tutorial was that I need to take my idea to the 'next level'. I have a good solid idea to produce a series of film posters, but I need to add another dimension.

One idea that was brainstormed during this tutorial was to maybe produce a narrative poster, such as on a big wall. An example of a big wall that could be used, is the side of the brutalist architecture of the British Film Institute and The National Theatre. Both provide a lot of possibilities, and both tie in with my project. I will need to research into how buildings can become containers for visual communication. I feel that this idea also links in with my strong interest in street art, and guerilla advertising.

I will be able to do some primary research around the architecture of the British Film Institute and The National Theatre when I visit London in a few days. I believe that this new twist on my project adds the extra dimension that I needed.

No comments: