27.11.08

[NEW UNIT - WEB DESIGN]

Finally just handed in everything for Visual Communication in Context 2 which is a huge relief. But no sooner as I get some weight off my shoulders I have something new jumping on. Today we were also given our brief for Screen Based Communication 2. I have been looking forward to this brief for absolutely ages, after seeing the then second years working on it last year. The main aim of the brief is for us to produce a web portfolio, which will house our work, acting as an online portfolio and curriculum vitae.

I really want to do well in this unit. I previously did ICT at A-Level and gained experience in Dreamweaver then, as well as taking part in the ABC Dreamweaver course (which I need to complete and hand in!). This unit isn't just about learning a new program and getting a grade, it is something that will be integral in getting my name out there and getting work.

There are lots of things to consider in this unit. The first point of call is for me to produce an identity for myself. Something that people can look at and get an idea of who I am and what my work is. Do I see myself as a graphic designer or as an illustrator, or both? Will I go under my alias 'Buda' or my name? I also need to think of what I want on my site, and how my site is to be navigated through. I need for my website to be unique and simple, something that people will enjoy looking through, and keep coming back to, to see what's new. This is all going to take a lot of research and hard work but I can't wait!
Was set our new brief today. The outcome is to be an online portfolio website that is easy to navigate and that represents us. I've been looking forward to this brief since I saw last years 2nd years building theirs. It feel that this is the first project to be of 'proper' use to get a name for ourselves, as we are presenting all our work that we have done so far, and showing off our web design skills on the way.

No comments: